Top Jobs You Can Get After Obtaining An AWS Certification
The Amazon Web Services (AWS) was first launched in 2002 when it offered only a few disparate tools and services. In its journey from 2002 to 2006, AWS mainly provided the storage based service to customers through its Simple Queue Service (SQS).
In 2006, however, the Amazon Web Services was officially re-launched and started providing the integrated suite of core online services. In 2014, AWS launched its partner network entitled APN (AWS Partner Network), which was focused on helping AWS-based companies grow and scale their business’s success with close collaboration and best practices.
On 30 April 2013, AWS started the AWS certification course for aspirants to support industry-wide training and standardization and highlight cloud computing expertise. James Hamilton, who was associated with AWS from 2006 due to his passion, published a retrospective online article in 2016 to highlight the ten-year history.
Over the past years, as companies opt to shift workloads to a public cloud, cloud computing has become a core competency in organizations. This needs a set of skills in design, deployment, and management applications in cloud computing. Analysts such as Gartner have rated AWS on a huge scale as a market leader and most mature cloud computing provider. In 2020, AWS continues to lead in public cloud adoption and currently offers 12 certifications covering both foundational and speciality cloud computing topics.
Importance of AWS Certificate
Though the companies are adopting multi-cloud strategies, the importance of AWS certification does not lose its value. On the contrary, it has gained more importance. As of today, 64% of enterprises and 68% of SMBs are running applications of AWS. AWS provides two types of certificates, candidate certificate and employment certificate.
Those employees who seek certificates typically need two months to complete the 80 hours of study with their busy schedule. For the layman, the ideal 120 hours study is recommended by AWS that will take approximately 3 months. The certificate courses are
- AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
- AWS Certified Developer – Associate
- AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate – (SAA-CO2)
- AWS Certified DevOps Engineer – Professional
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional
- AWS Certified Advanced Networking – Specialty
- AWS Certified Security – Specialty
- AWS Certified Machine Learning – Specialty
- AWS Certified Database – Specialty (DBS-C01)
- AWS Certified Data Analytics – Specialty (DAS-C01)
- AWS Certified Alexa Skill Builder – Specialty
How To Become An AWS Certified?
Following simple steps will guide your way to get AWS certification.
- Enrol in any of the AWS training classes to increase your knowledge of cloud computing and AWS.
- Review maximum study and Exam guides available.
- Read as many AWS whitepapers to get invaluable information to get answers to most of the questions.
- Practice as much for the exams as possible. This will help you to know the exam pattern and will be helpful in the actual certification exam.
- Make a proper schedule of your study for the exam and prepare well before the exam to have good revisions.
Job Opportunities for AWS Certificate Holders
Having explained the types of certifications, one thing needs to be understood that only one certification will not get you a good job. You need to have relevant 2-3 or more certifications, which will guarantee you a good job.
However, there is no doubt that Amazon Web Services is one of the most demanded services as far as certification is concerned. These certifications validate one’s expertise on the AWS platform and hence, open the door to several AWS jobs.
Before going to job opportunities, we need first to understand the following benefits of AWS and how much an AWS certification is important-
- Validates AWS skills and knowledge
- Adds possibilities to get a hike in salary
- Makes you desirable in the market
- Manifest commitment to a profession
- Increases chances of getting hired
- Opens the door for new opportunities
- Increases passion in you
Now let us see which top jobs you can get with an AWS certification –
- AWS Cloud Architect: – AWS Cloud Architect is a position that directly connects to engineers and clients, providing interaction with the stakeholders and technical leaders. The cloud architect supplies lead implementation efforts and technical architectures.
- SysOps Administrator: – an expert in it is responsible for developing, operating, and managing systems on the AWS platform. Your expertise with an AWS SysOps Administrator certification in this area can get you a chance to work.
- Cloud Developer: – Cloud Developers need to develop software applications and solutions for the enterprise. Your AWS Developer Associate certification can lead you to this job.
- Cloud sales and Purchase Manager: – As a Cloud Sales and Purchase Manager, you will be able to grow, Drive, and shape your future as advancing creative technology. Additional certification in AWS Cloud Practitioner will help you to get engaged with software developers and IT architects.
- Cloud DevOps Engineer: – this is a person with skills in network operations and system development. Many companies are in search of Cloud DevOps Engineers to set up a DevOps culture in the organization. DevOps engineer is an IT professional who handles code releases. He works with system operators, software developers, and the technical team.
- Key Accounts Manager, Cloud: – He is responsible for sales management of cloud storage, server, and products. He also manages customer accounts to make the target of expedient purchase decisions.
- AWS Networking Specialist: – Those capable of designing and implement advanced AWS or hybrid networking projects can try their luck at AWS for a great career. Once you obtain certification in AWS Advanced Networking – Specialty, you will be eligible to work on cloud integration projects.
- AWS System Integrator: – The demand for system integrators is high due to the increasing services of AWS. The system integrator who can handle troubleshooting and deployment of AWS applications are much sought after. Having a good knowledge of the AWS platform, applications, cloud services, and information systems will lead you to this job.
- AWS Big Data Specialist: – An AWS Big Data Specialist is the one who designs and implements big data services for deriving values from data. Experience in data analytics will be an advantage for this job position.
With the growth rate of Amazon Web Services, one can easily assume that many more certifications will come up in the future. The demand for AWS is very high, and so is its certified personnel. If you are going to make an AWS career as a certified holder, then perhaps, a very bright future with a great job is waiting for you. The earlier you opt for a cloud computing career, the earlier you can find the relevant opportunities in this field.