In today’s world where digitalization is on a fast pace and everyone is connected through a fast internet connection use it for studying or for entertainment. Some even use it for earning money online. In this article, we will help you make some money on the internet.
Everyone likes to have an extra income, if you are a student, think what will happen if you have an extra pocket money every month along with your studies.
Does it seem incredible?
If yes, then the question comes how to earn money online without investment for students?
If you are facing the same question, then don’t worry, I am here with the list of 11 ways by which you can earn money as a student without or little investment.
How to earn money online without investment for students?
Before I tell you the total genuine methods for earning money as a student, I would like to clarify that nothing can’t start without investment. But here I can suggest you the ways which can be learned and begin within 30 to 40 dollars.
So, you should have at least 30 dollars to start your business, which I think is not a very big amount. Some methods create without investing a single penny, but I would suggest, if you want to do it for the long run, you should invest at least 2000Rs for your business.
1. Content writing
Content writing is one of the most significant skill-based business on the whole Internet. Have you ever searched any query on Google? If yes, then you find some of the web results in the form of text. This shows content writing will never end as it is the requirement in this world.
In other words, if you have good writing skills, whether, in English or Hindi, you will never be out of work.
Content writing or Content marketing is one of the most significant business to earn money without or little investment. You can earn up to more than 50 dollars for a single article of 2000 words.
But it is not simple is like that. I know you will earn money if you have good copywriting skills, but you should have some experience and have some work done to show your work to your clients.
Like this, I have started, In my initial days it was not as much high as to 50 dollars per article, I jumped at the low rates, as I got the experience and some work in my portfolio, I am earning more than 10 dollars per article.
I know it was not much as I have told you above, but as a student, having 30 to 40 dollars per week by just writing an article this is amazing.
Now the question is where you will get work for content writing?
I had found out some of the ways which worked for me when I started.
- Join Facebook groups- You need to search content writing groups on Facebook.
- List in freelancing websites such as Fiver, Upwork, and freelancer. in
- Join telegram groups- Telegram has vast potential, but it is also full of scammers, If you want to join such groups, you should be beware of these frauds.
- Have a blog- This is the most, effective way to do content marketing work. Having a blog makes your identity as a content writer and marketer.
If you have a blog then, it will very easy to get work, even you can get high rates for content writing, as per your content on your blog.
2. Website designing
Website designing is the next skill-based business, which will generate more revenue as compared to content writing, but you should learn how to set up a blog or website and how to customise it. The main thing about website designing is to have a budget of at least 20 dollars to start.
As it will require some technical details regarding the WordPress, themes, plugins, hosting, domain and so on.
To learn website designing, you should have a domain name and a hosting to start. A domain name is your identity or expression of your site on the Internet—for example, www.glowpedia.com.
This is my domain name. When comes the hosting; it is the webspace over the Internet, on which you will going to store the files of your site.
I will talk about domain and hosting in another post, but for now, you should understand these are the necessary basic stuff to start and learn how to customize a website.
I have talked about the necessary items and investment for the website designing, but the main question is how you will get work and how much money you will get for website designing.
You can do this as follows-
- You should have a website or blog.
- List on freelancing sites such as fiver, Upwork and freelancer. in
- Visit Indiamart and check the different profiles of different sellers and find out whether they are having their websites or not. If not, you can contact them and make a website for them.
- You can make your Facebook page, Instagram handle, and the other social media handles to promote your services.
Now comes the revenue. In other words, how much you will earn in website designing than the answer is you can charge from 30 dollars to as much you want.
The term website designing is not only limited to designing the website only if you know Search engine optimization, social media marketing and so on.
Then you can create your package as per your service, and you can charge more than 200 to 300 dollars per month.
Youtube is one of the most popular platforms in 2020, and there are millions of videos published every day, which shows the potential of Youtube. I know you also consuming content on Youtube. The content may be for entertainment, education, motivation or gaming.
You can make a video on whatever the niche you like, just record videos from your mobile camera and post it on youtube. I know youtube has vast potential, but, it also requires hard work to get success in the long run on Youtube.
You should post your content regularly, try to post quality content, not quantity content. As quality always wins on quantity.
As in the introduction itself, I told you that, some of the ways which I cover will not require any investment or requires little investment. So here we are, for creating a youtube channel, you don’t need to spend a single penny.
Now comes the question of how to earn revenue from youtube?
This answer is simple there are different ways to monetize your youtube channel. Some of them are as follows-
- Youtube Partner programme (Google Adsense) – As you get 1000 subscribers and have +4000 hours watch time on your youtube channel, by following the youtube guidelines, you can monetize your Youtube channel through Google Adsense.
- Merchandise- You can promote your inventory on your youtube channel.
- Affiliate marketing- You can join different affiliate networks such as Amazon affiliate and promote products besides you will get money in terms of commission.
- Sponsorship- As you will have a good subscriber base, the different sponsors will come to you to promote their products, and in exchange, you can earn s0me revenue.
- Super chats and Membership- You can make money from super conversations on your live streams and membership of your channel.
4. Affiliate marketing
Affiliate marketing is another most popular way to earn money. You need to join these affiliate programs and promote their products and in exchange to make money. The commission rates vary from 1 to 10% on Amazon. It can vary from one network to another.
There are different affiliate network such as Clickbank, CJ affiliate, ShareAsale, Amazon affiliate, Flipkart and so on.
To do affiliate marketing you know some of the basic stuff-
- You should have a blog, website or Application.
- You can do affiliate marketing if you have a Youtube channel.
- Create landing pages, if you do not have websites- Use tools such as Get response to do so.
- Email marketing- is one of the great ways to do affiliate marketing.
- You can promote your landing page on your social media handles such as of Facebook etc.
5. Social media influencing- Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest
Social media influencing is the next way to earn money. We all use social media, especially Facebook and Instagram. But do you know if you have a good follower base than you can use it f0r your benefits?
Ideally, there are different ways to monetize your audience which mention below-
- You can enable Facebook ads on your page and earn money from it, and you should have at least 10k followers and likes on your page.
- Sponsored posts and stores.
- If you do live streams, then you can use Facebook in-stream ads.
- You can enable fan donation on your posts.
- Make your identity as a brand.
- Create pins on Pinterest and drive unlimited traffic on your website or blog.
- Contact high profile and famous people who are looking for someone to manage their social media handles.
Quora is the best platform for the answers and questions. It uses to drive thousands of traffic from your answers to your blog or website.
Quora also offers monetization for answering the questions, but if you ask me this is not worthful as you compare it to the other sources of income, from which you can earn money by using Quora.
- You can use Quora for promoting your website as a brand.
- It helps to drive traffic for your website, especially when you start- at initial days.
- It is free to use; you need to answer the relevant question to your content and add the link in it.
- The one thing when you use quora you should not publish copy content even of your website itself.
- You can create landing pages of your affiliate product and drive traffic from quora and earn money.
Quora is one of the most open platforms for making money as a student in India.
Blogging has a huge potential; you can consider it as the combination of content marketing, website designing, SEO, and social media influencing if you are a blogger.
Then you will learn all of the skills mentioned above and have the vast potential of earning.
I have told you about blogging, but do you know where to start? Let me tell you in brief.
You can make your blog, on the two platforms, one is Blogger, and the other one is WordPress.
Suppose you want to learn advance blogging than you should start with WordPress. To begin with WordPress, you need two things, one is a domain name, and the other one is hosting.
The domain name is the name of your website, and the space on the Internet where you will save your website files is known as hosting.
8. Online teaching and publish courses on Udemy
Have you ever heard about the different online platform for learning, Udemy is one of them. Udemy offers millions of courses to learn from the best teachers worldwide.
If you can learn from that platform, then why you publish your course on any topic and earn money.
You don’t need to be a master and have a particular degree. There are different skills for which degree is not required, your content speaks.
For example, if you know how to edit videos, create animation, edit photographs and so on. You can teach people for a particular skill.
This is not rocket science, and you need to be passionate about what you are doing.
Freelancing is another excellent opportunity to earn money. I have mentioned some of the examples of sites in the above methods, but it is not limited to them only. It has a wide range of categories for which you can work.
You can see here the different categories in which you can work; there are some categories and works in which you will be paid for hour bases.
It would be best if you found out the category, in which you are passionate, which you can learn and develop into a skill and start making your revenue, even with your college studies.
Isn’t it sounds amazing?
10. Sell online photos- Shutterstock
Do you like photography, if yes? Then do you know you can convert your skill and hobby into revenue? You may say, I know about it, is telling me to click passport size photographs.
If you are thinking only about it, then I would say that you might be wrong, I am talking about stock photography, which is a different case.
There are different sites on the Internet, such as Shuttershock, who offers money for stock photography. You can click additional photographs from your mobile phone itself and post it on Shutterstock, as your picture get approves than you will make revenue even for every download of your picture.
Note- You have to follow the guidelines of Such stock photography websites to post your content.
11. Website selling- Flippa
I have covered about freelancing, I have talked about blogging and website customization, but do you know you can earn money by selling your website. If not, then here is the opportunity.
You can build your websites and register it on Flippa for selling purposes. On flippa, you are not limited to selling websites only; you can sell domains, e-commerce stores, affiliate blogs, apps and the other digital products and services.
It was found that most of the people like to purchase websites, instead of creating it because it takes time and efforts; in some cases, it takes some technical knowledge.
Then you can use this opportunity to create your income.
My views on how to earn money online for students
As in the title itself, it is mentioned how to earn money online without investment for students. But you should invest some money in it. Or if you are not investing your money in any case, then you will invest your time in it.
So, whichever way you like from content marketing to selling websites, you should go for it.
You don’t know from where you start and where you will reach, it is a long journey if you want to earn money than you should at least give a try to the different ways I have mentioned in this detailed guide.
If you want to know more in detail of all the ways mentioned in this guide, than you should subscribe to our newsletter.
I hope you have liked our post on how to earn money online without investment for students. If you have any doubt and suggestion regarding this, then the comment section is always open for you.
Also share our detailed guide with your friends and family who are the student and willing to start something to earn money.